Buy the Game and Receive a Free Upgrade from PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X
SQUARE ENIX® announced today that Marvel’s Avengers will be available on PlayStation®5 computer entertainment system and Xbox Series X when the consoles launch in Holiday 2020. Players who own the current-gen version of the game will be able to upgrade to the next-gen version at no additional cost, regardless if players are moving from PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X. Those moving their saves to next-gen will transfer their player profiles and progression so they can pick up right where they left off. In addition, cross-gen play will be supported so PS5™ players will be able to play with their friends on PS4™ and Xbox Series X players will be connected with their friends on Xbox One.
Featuring extremely fast load times, boosted resolution and fidelity, improved texturing and armour destruction, ray tracing, and more – Marvel’s Avengers will look and play great on next-gen systems. The PlayStation®5 experience will be seamless and dynamic, fully utilizing the ultra-high speed SSD, the PS5 DualSense advanced haptics, and immersive spatial audio. To fully customize their visual experience, PS5 will also provide players with their choice of Enhanced Graphics Mode or High Framerate mode. We’ll have more details to share on Xbox Series X and PC specific features at a later time.
Check out these screenshots courtesy of Bandai Namco:
Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, and PC on September 4, 2020.
If you pre-order Marvel’s Avengers on PS4, Xbox One, or Steam, you’ll receive the following bonuses.
Marvel Legacy Outfits – The Avengers each learned their true potential as a Super Hero in various ways, but also in numerous looks that would inspire their more well-known attire. The Marvel Legacy Outfits are inspired by moments from the comics that defined who each Avenger was as they embraced their powers to become the icons they are today.
- Front Line - Captain America’s bravery shines in his soldier uniform from his time enlisted in the military during World War II.- Iron Will - Iron Man was able to deceive his captors by building this armor to escape.- Classic Stealth - The first time Black Widow’s iconic black suit appeared in the comics, it looked like this Outfit – complete with the Widow’s Bite.- Asgard’s Might - Thor’s winged helmet, chest installations, and red cape were his trademark from the very beginning of his origins.- Greater Good - Before Ms. Marvel went on one of her first missions, she made a makeshift costume that looked like this Outfit.- Breakthrough - When The Hulk first emerged, his massive body tore through Bruce Banner’s clothing to resemble an experiment gone wrong.
Exclusive Nameplate – Feel the strength of being part of a team with this Nameplate that can be equipped on any of the core six Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Hulk).
Beta Access – More information on the Beta to come!
Ms. Marvel’s “Talk to the Hand” Emote (Sony Exclusive) – So the face understands, this Emote for Ms. Marvel is sure to send a message to any enemy that dares cross her path.
72-hour Early Access (PlayStation™ Store Exclusive Digital Edition, Deluxe Edition, Earth’s Mightiest Edition Only) – Jump into the game and reassemble the Avengers 72 hours earlier!
PSN Theme (Sony Exclusive, Digital Deluxe) - Only available digitally and through pre-order, this dynamic theme contains a simple yet slick hex pattern to brighten up your display
Retailer Pre-orders – Individual retailers may have additional pre-order bonuses. Please contact your local stores for more information. Pre-order bonus items are based on availability.
• For more information on the Deluxe, PSN Exclusive, and Earth’s Mightiest Editions, head here.
• For more information on the Sony Benefits, head here.
• Those looking to learn more about Marvel’s Avengers on the PS5 can visit the PlayStation Blog where Gary Snethen, Crystal Dynamics Chief Technology Officer, details what players can expect from Marvel’s Avengers.
• For more information on the game, co-op, and brand new gameplay content, be sure to tune into the Marvel’s Avengers War Table digital stream on June 24 at 10:00am PDT / June 25 at 3:00am AEST. The stream can be viewed from the PlayAvengers.com channel.